The main functions of the Data and Knowledge Management Department – the development of data and knowledge organization and data standards together with related institutions (archives, museums); as well as collaboration, advisory, educational and research work in the field of data.
- Development of a bibliographic and cultural heritage metadata policy in the NLL and for libraries in Latvia;
- RDA (Resource Description and Access) - implementation and development;
- Coordination of the functions of the National Bibliographic Agency and ensuring international cooperation;
- Development of authority control and international cooperation (VIAF, ISNI etc.);
- Development of resource indexing policy (incl. UDC). Indexing of incoming publications of the NLL (classification and subject indexing);
- Development of National Thesaurus, maintenance, adaptation to Web technologies (FAST) and the development of multilingualism;
- Development of data standards and adaptation, translation and implementation of new international standards in Latvian libraries in cooperation with ISO, CEN, IFLA, etc.;
- Implementation of open linked data with graduate conversion of data.
Mūkusalas iela 3, Rīga, LV-1423, Latvia
Head Maira Kreislere
Phone: +371 67716191