- Become a reader of the NLL
- Fill an application form for using databases outside the NLL premises
- E-book reader, (tablet or smartphone) with an internet access and Adobe Digital Editions installed on this device
- Create My Adobe ID (unique identification of a user).
- Create a user profile (or a personalized folder).
With Adobe DRM (digital rights management) for protected e-book reading it is necessary to use the freeware Adobe Digital Editions or the smartphone and tablet application software that support the Adobe DRM (search for Adobe DRM encrypted eBooks), for example, Bluefire Reader (for Apple iOS) or Aldiko (for Android).
EBSCO e-books are available in PDF. To download and to read e-books it is necessary to install Bluefire Reader or Adobe Digital Editions 3.0. To download and to read EBSCO e-books it is necessary to create My Adobe ID.
EBSCO allows to copy and print up to 60 pages from one e-book; the amount of pages can differ regarding the conditions made by the publisher.
Complying with the copyright law, Dawsonera, allows to copy and print no more than 5% of the total amount of one book.
Emerald e-books are not protected with the Adobe DRM.
Please make sure that you have the necessary software installed on your device.
Please make sure if the term has not expired. E-books are handed out for a time period up to 2 weeks.
- Password and username can be used only by the person who have obtained the access data.
- The granted password can be used only outside the NLL premises.
- It is allowed to use databases only from a personal computer.
- Access resources can be used only for studies and research, according to the copyright law and other laws and regulations of the Republic of Latvia.
- Access resources cannot be used for commercial activities and profit.
- Individual users outside the NLL premises are bounded by the rules and regulations carried out by the creators and suppliers of the databases.