National Research Programme project "Digital Resources for Humanities: Integration and Development" (Nr. VPP-IZM-DH-2020/1-0001).
The aim of the project is to provide a balanced and diverse programme in order to considerably promote development, sustainability and usage of humanities digital resources and to provide a remarkable impact on the advancement of digital humanities in Latvia.
The project aims to provide a balanced and diverse programme in order to:
- provide support for the development of the existing digital resources and tools intended for humanities avoiding uneven development and enhancing their usage in research and education;
- prevent fragmentation and unnecessary duplication by establishing of productive alliances between institutions that aggregate similar data;
- ensure wider visibility and public access and provide a solution facilitating interdisciplinary crosswalks among the developed resources for humanities;
- analyze use and users of digital resources in order to understand the effectiveness of digital resources and ways how to improve their usability for different target groups;
- advance digital humanities research and education in Latvia and
- provide guidance for developers of digital resources and tools for humanities, policymakers, researchers, and other target groups.
In order to achieve these aims, the project brings together leading research, higher education, and cultural institutions that develop digital resources and tools for humanities research and carry out digital humanities educational programmes and research in Latvia. During 24 months, five interinstitutional working groups will carry out a targeted and balanced agenda that will considerably promote the development and usage of humanities' digital resources and tools and will provide a remarkable impact on the development of digital humanities in Latvia.
Project partners: National Library of Latvia, Institute of Literature, Folklore and Art of the University of Latvia, Institute of Mathematics and Computer Science of the University of Latvia, University of Latvia (Liv Institute of the University of Latvia and Institute of the Latvian Language of the University of Latvia), Rezekne Academy of Technologies, Liepaja University, Latvian Academy of Culture, Riga Technical University
Project coordinator at NLL: Anda Baklāne. Project research group: Valdis Saulespurēns, Renāte Berga, Artūrs Žogla, Pauls Daija.
Project implementation period: 05.10.2020.–04.10.2022.
Project funding: 1 217 700,00 EUR
Funded by: Latvian Council of Science of the Ministry of Education and Science
More information about project: http://www.digitalhumanities.lv/projekti/DHVPP.